this product is available for free local delivery within Dundas, ON, free local pickup in Burlington, ON, & delivery available at checkout!
These custom portraits are for the joy of our pursuits: the things that keep our hands and hearts busy when the world around is still, the things that wake us up in the early mornings and keep us up into the night, the activities that bring quiet fulfillment when we’re tucked away in corners and nobody is watching, the recreations that keep our minds lively and hopeful, the little undertakings that capture the spirit and curiosity of being alive.
They’re for the artists, writers, activists, retirees, poets, gardeners, athletes, and home cooks; for the interior designers making houses homes, the musicians that sound magic through the world, the photographers documenting life in scrapbooks and polaroids, the volunteers keeping the earth turning, the nature enthusiasts who know what it means to talk to the trees, the animal lovers who learned to speak beyond words.
If you’re looking to capture yourself or a loved one in the midst of one (or more) of these pursuits, details on how to order follow.
HOW TO ORDER
1. Purchase the illustration from this page to secure a slot!
2. Once the transaction has gone through, send an email to email@example.com containing photos(s) of the person who’ll be the subject of the portrait and any photos you may have of that person pursuing those hobbies, or of specific jerseys, materials, etc for reference (optional).
3. After 7-10 business days after your initial contact with me, I will email you a digital version of the illustration so you can make sure everything looks perfect before I send you its physical counterpart!
4. Once you approve your artwork, you will receive a confirmation that it has been shipped with your tracking number, that it has been delivered curbside to your home, or is ready for pickup depending on what option you choose at checkout.
5. Please note that if you choose to frame your piece, it will take an additional 7 days after your digital portrait is sent before I am able to send it to you to allow time for my local framer’s to frame the artwork (more details in the side bar)!
If you’re purchasing this illustration as a gift, consider adding a personalized postcard to your order! Choose your flower, a message for the front of the postcard, and a note for the back, and I will slip it into your package for a thoughtful experience when its recipient unwraps their handmade gift.
DATES TO NOTE FOR GIFTING CUSTOM ART FOR THE HOLIDAYS
November 19th: the last day to order a framed* piece that you are having shipped to you or your loved one
November 24th: the last day to order an unframed* piece that you are having shipped to you or your loved one
December 8th: the last day to order a framed* piece for free local delivery within Dundas or pickup in Burlington, ON
December 12th: the last day to order an *unframed piece for free local delivery within Dundas or pickup in Burlington, ON
You are still welcome to place your order after these dates, and if your artwork doesn't arrive in time, you can always gift the digital version (which I always provide before sending out your illustration).
"The Hobbyist" Portrait
To offer professional framing, I partner with a local framer in Hamilton, ON that supports artists in the community by making hand-crafted, quality wooden frames at a discounted price. These frames are Canadian-made wood, come with a lightly textured, acid-free archival matte, and can be hung either vertically or horizontally to accommodate any 8 x 10 artwork! To complement a variety of different home styles and illustrations, frames are offered in three colours: oat (a beautiful warm wood), poppyseed (a soft black), and earl grey latte (a cooler-toned, soft brown), which you are able to see in the product photos to the left. If you need colour recommendations, I’m happy to chat!
While regular glass and museum glass frames (anti-glare glass with higher clarity and UV protection) are available for local delivery and pickup only, you are able to upgrade to an acrylic glazing alternative if you’d like to have your artwork shipped so it won’t break in the post!
Adding a frame to your custom artwork is a perfect way to ensure it is a keepsake item for years to come, especially if you’re gifting an illustration for a birthday or special occasion, or are looking for a forever way to capture you and your favourite things.