this product is available for free local delivery within Dundas, ON, free local pickup in Burlington, ON, & delivery available at checkout!
At a time when many families are physically apart, we are reminded more than ever of the importance of our connection. While we are apart, our cartoon selves can provide the hugs and closeness with our family we are longing for until we can physically meet again. They are a way to capture us in a moment and even remember family members and/or pets that have left us. But most importantly, these customized family portraits offer a way to commemorate the “home” we find within one another — whether we are together or apart.
I would love more than anything to tell a little part of your family’s story — details on how to order follow below!
HOW TO ORDER
1. Purchase the illustration from this page to secure a slot!
2. Once the transaction has gone through, send an email to email@example.com containing photos of the members of your family (and your pets, which are also members of the family) — preferably with one group shot so I can get a sense of everyone’s height and proportions and a mix of individual photos showing each person’s clothing preference, personality, etc.
3. After 7-10 business days after your initial contact with me, I will email you a digital version of the illustration so you can make sure everything looks perfect before I send you its physical counterpart!
4. Once you approve your artwork, you will receive a confirmation that it has been shipped with your tracking number, that it has been delivered curbside to your home, or is ready for pickup depending on what option you choose at checkout.
5. Please note that if you choose to frame your piece, it will take an additional 7 days after your digital portrait is sent before I am able to send it to you to allow time for my local framers to frame the artwork (more details in the side bar)!
"Wherever You Are Is Home" Custom Family Portrait
To offer professional framing, I partner with a local framer in Hamilton, ON that supports artists in the community by making hand-crafted, quality wooden frames at a discounted price. These frames are Canadian-made wood, come with a lightly textured, acid-free archival matte, and can be hung either vertically or horizontally to accommodate any 8 x 10 artwork! To complement a variety of different home styles and illustrations, frames are offered in three colours: oat (a beautiful warm wood), poppyseed (a soft black), and earl grey latte (a cooler-toned, soft brown), which you are able to see in the product photos to the left. If you need colour recommendations, I’m happy to chat!
While regular glass and museum glass frames (anti-glare glass with higher clarity and UV protection) are available for local delivery and pickup only, you are able to upgrade to an acrylic glazing alternative if you’d like to have your artwork shipped so it won’t break in the post!
Adding a frame to your custom artwork is a perfect way to ensure it is a keepsake item for years to come, especially if you’re gifting an illustration for a birthday or special occasion, or are looking for a forever reminder of the memories made with your own family.